→ If you already own a foreign driving licence and have moved your residence to Germany, you must have your foreign driving licence converted into a German driving licence within 6 months at the latest.
(does not apply to EU driving licences!)
Caution: The application must be stamped by us before delivery at the Fahrerlaubnisbehörde!
• Identity card or passport with Meldebescheinigung
• Valid residence permit
• Biometric photo without head cover
• Translation of the foreign driving licence (by a sworn interpreter, who is authorised by a German court or by the ADAC, AvD or DTC)
• Certificate of attendance at a first aid course
• (you can still submit after the registration)
• Eyesight test
• Original and photocopy of the foreign driving licence
• Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator